• Willkommen im Linux Club - dem deutschsprachigen Supportforum für GNU/Linux. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und Fragen zu stellen.

ibook G4

Hi,
sorry if I write in english, but I understand german. So you can write in your language.

I've tried to install SuseLinux 10.1 beta 5 on my ibook G4 of 12'' and 640 of ram. The problem? The installation doesn' start. The system is unable to format the partions.

What is the way out, if any?

Thanks,

davide

nbkr

Guru
Beta 5 is broken. The partioning system doesn't work correctly. Try using Ubuntu instead. It is as comfortable as SuSE and runs also on ibooks. http://www.ubuntu-linux.org.

WPosche

Is there any special reason for trying the beta?? Why didn't you install the stable 10.0 SuSE release?? That should work properly. Or did I miss anything??

OP
D

davidebond

You have right.
I know that the beta versions is for developers. At any rate, if you're interested in this topic. I've installed it. I made recourse to the cd-installation of Ubuntu 5.10. I booted from cd, and from this I partioned the hard disk according to the needs of Suse. Then, I've eject Ubuntu-disc, reinserted the 1° disc of suse in the drive, and I've successfully installed it.

Only one problem.... It make me not decide to boot from suse or of Tiger. So I deleted it and reinstalled Ubuntu. I'm proving various linux - systems to see the best on my ibook. Suse ask too much to my laptop indeeed.
The best systems for my hardware are yellow dog and also fedora 5 (always for developers; infact it has many bugs.....).

However, another question: with parted I can resize also the slices where Tiger finds itself. But, can I enlarge a partition? I'm was unable to do this last thing.

Thanks,

davide

P.S. Why always developer's versions? Opposite to Mozart's Papageno, 'K\"ampfen IST meine Sache'....

Oben